If you’re a person who loves to create lovely decorative designs, or you want to start a home embroidery business, then an embroidery machine is the best way to go. While standard sewing machines and sergers are great tools to use, an embroidery machine adds much more beauty and some exciting pizzazz to your projects.
You may be someone who enjoys creating floral and monogram sewing projects–an embroidery machine can help you with that! Calligraphy and several other font styles are trending. There are amazing embroidery machines that will make those letters and words pop.
Not only are embroidery machines great for detailed designs, but they can generally enhance your sewing technique as well. Especially if you’re trying to become a better seamstress.
Are Embroidery Machines A Necessity?
You don’t have to own an embroidery machine. It would just be a good idea to have one if you do a lot of designs, or are considering starting an embroidery business. Especially if you’re a super creative person like me! Embroidery machines are one of those user-friendly, convenient, and handy sewing tools–you can’t go wrong with them!
Choosing the Perfect Embroidery Machine
It’s very important that you carefully pick out the right embroidery machine. Because you don’t want to invest in something that could potentially do you no good. Therefore, you should always keep a few things in mind.
Ask yourself the following questions: Does this embroidery machine fit my budget? Will I feel comfortable with it? Is it going to satisfy my creative desires?
When purchasing your very first embroidery machine, these are great things to consider. Below, I have mentioned embroidery machines that would be great for beginners, intermediates, professionals, and more!
Best Embroidery Machines of 2021
1. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is one of the most popular embroidery machines. Handles basic stitching and decorative stitching very well. You can rely on it to perform at its full potential. Above all, Singer products are very great! This one picks up at a very high speed (up to 850 stitches per minute).
- 13 automatic built-in buttonhole styles
- Comes with a free arm
- Great brightness control
- In addition to brightness control, it also comes with 2 LED lights
- Wider Stitches
- Mirror Imaging
- Elongation and Stitch Editing
- Auto Pilot
- The presser foot can’t be adjusted
- The bobbin cover is a little loose. As a result of that, it may come out from time to time.
2. Brother Embroidery Machine SE600– Best embroidery machine for beginners
The Brother Embroidery Machine SE600 is great for home use and studio use! It’s very durable, long-lasting, and maintains a positive representation in the market. This powerhouse beginner-friendly and very simple to use.
Duo sewing and embroidery machines are great because you’d be able to kill two birds with one stone. It will make things a lot easier for you. Normally, you may have to switch in between machines–but with this one, you don’t have to. Everything that you need will be easily accessible! Another feature that I love about this embroidery machine is the nice and bright work area. As a seamstress, it’s very important that you have a well-lit workspace. Having an accurate and sharp eye is crucial in embroidery.
The auto needle threader might be one of the best features. We all know how tedious and stressful it can be to thread a needle. The purpose of an automatic needle threader is to mechanically grab your thread. An auto needle threader literally does all the work for you. No more squinting at the needle to get the thread through! You’ll need to be certain that your needles are installed properly. If not, then your threading process could potentially fail.
- It can sew and embroider
- Comes with a variety of embroidery designs
- Easy to use
- Nice and bright work area
- Auto needle threader
- USB port
- Very handy for storage
- Can handle a variety of fabrics
- Swapping from sewing to embroidering can be difficult
- It’s quite expensive
- It’s doesn’t work as fast
- The touchscreen is a bit confusing
3. Brother Machine SE1900– best embroidery machine for home businesses and small businesses
This embroidery machine is outstanding for beginners, intermediates, and professionals. Its great for starting up as well if you want to start a home embroidery business or a small business, as its sturdy and durable, and handles a wide variety of tasks well ranging from sewing to quilting to various types of embroidery. The Brother Machine SE1900 is remarkable! It’s capable of exceptionally designing all of your patterns.
- Simple to use
- Performs nicely
- 25-limited year warranty
- Online and phone support
- Great embroidery speed (up to 650 stitches per minute)
- USB port
- It only comes in English and Spanish languages
- Needles may break on high speed
4. Brother PE770
Quilts and other large sewing projects pair perfectly with this embroidery machine. The Brother 5 X 7 Inch PE770 Embroidery Machine comes with 167 unique designs. It also embroiders 650 stitches per minute (a little bit slower than the Singer Quantum).
- Comes with an automatic threader
- A bright stitching area
- You can control the speed
- High-quality stitching and embroidering
- Very easy to set up and use
- The display isn’t big enough
- The display is also monochrome (meaning that you can’t display your work in color)
Another amazing embroidery machine is the Brother Embroidery Machine SE400. It’s extremely reliable, highly advanced, and budget-friendly! It’s very easy to set up as well.
- It’s very versatile
- Easy to use
- Great instructions come with it
- Very bright lighting area
- Large selection of switches
- Embroidery card slot
- USB port for downloading
- Computer connectivity
- All in one sewing and embroidery machine
- Comes with a slider for speed control
- Portable and durable
- Very affordable and easy to use
- Trusted brand on the market
- Black and white screen instead of colored
- Non-adjustable presser foot
- You have to clean it regularly
6. Brother Embroidery Machine PE550D
This embroidery machine is the craftiest of them all. The Brother Embroidery Machine PE550D is known for embroidering animations and cartoon characters. It’s a prized possession and brilliant piece of machinery.
- Comes with multiple design options
- It comes with a box of useful tools
- USB port for uploading and downloading
- Bi-lingual operations manual
- Its small, light-weight, and great for storage
- It’s very affordable
- Comes with a 25-year warranty
- The single embroidery hoop size is too small
- It can only embroider
- It may show a lot of error messages
- The working area is very limited
7. Brother Machine PE800– best embroidery machine overall
So far, I’ve mentioned lots of Brother products (they’re very great for embroidery machines). The Brother Machine PE800 is a bit on the expensive side, but it won’t let you down. It’s reliable, has a lovely LCD touch screen that displays things in color, a wide variety of inbuilt designs, and a wide embroidery area. It is very popular and well loved by most people.
It comes highly recommended for intermediates and professionals, though some beginners might have a bit of a challenge getting used to it, because of its advancements.
- Includes a larger working area
- Has a built-in automatic threader
- Lots of designs to choose from
- Uploads and edits images
- A well-built, good-looking machine
- May not have enough guidance for beginners
8. Brother LB500M
It appears that Brother has a Marvel-themed machine! The LB500M includes two in one–general sewing and embroidery. It comes with 7 sewing feet (spring action zig-zag, buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, blindstitch, and button feet sewing feet).
- Marvel faceplate pack
- Large LCD touchscreen
- 80 built-in embroidery designs
- 9 Lettering fonts
- 103 sewing stitches
- Automatic bobbin-winding system
- 25-year guaranteed warranty
- No major cons
9. Brother PE535
Aside from the aesthetically pleasing design, the Brother Embroidery Machine PE535 is very handy. It’s great for professionals and doesn’t take up much workspace. With this one, you can preview your designs before submitting them.
- Easy to set up and use
- Comes with lots of fonts for monogramming
- Easily embroiders denim
- You have to invest in additional embroidery gear
- It doesn’t work as a sewing machine
10. Janome Memory Craft 400E
This is a great starter machine! The Janome Memory Craft 400E comes with awesome features. It includes a USB port, a gorgeous appearance, easy-to-learn operations, great designs, and it’s a nice size.
- On-screen editing functions
- Amazing stitching speed
- The setup isn’t complicated
- Professional embroidery quality
- Automatic thread cutter
- Has a bit of a learning curve for beginners
- There’s no foot pressure adjustment
11. Singer 7258
I haven’t mentioned many Singer products, but the Singer 7258 is a very sturdy machine. It’s also a two-in-one machine. Like many other embroidery machines, it’s very time-efficient.
- Many stitch options
- Very simple to use
- Perfect for beginners
- Highly affordable
- Lots of extra accessories
- Easy to adjust
- Can be a little loud
- Choosing stitches can be time-consuming
12. Janome Elna Air Artist Wireless Machine– Best wireless embroidery machine
Wireless embroidery machines are convenient tools. The Janome Elna Machine comes with a slew of accessories including a needle set, lint brush, power cable, bobbins, spool holders, a spool pin, and more.
- The machine operates from a customizer app
- Max embroidery count of 4” X 4”
- Can sew up to 44 stitches per minute
- Easy to load, top-drop in bobbin with clear cover
- Comes with a spool pin, screwdriver, lint brush, scissors, a needle pack, spool holders (large and small), a handy threader, start-up guide, safety instructions, a power cable, and a guaranteed 1-year limited warranty
- No major cons
13. EverSewn Hero Embroidery Machine
When you dip your toes in embroidery, this is the best machine to use. The EverSewn Embroidery Machine isn’t overly complex, but it still narrows everything down for you. A few features that come with it are 40 built-in embroidery designs, a 400-plus stitch package, and a nifty workspace.
- Stitch quality
- USB port
- Built-in memory
- Good selection of patterns
- Doesn’t come with Mac support for conversion software
- Doesn’t come with an automatic thread cutter
- It’s now a retired embroidery machine
14. Singer Futura XL-400
This is another beginner-friendly embroidery machine. The Singer Futura XL-400 is easy to use. It comes with an automatic threader and lots of designs.
- Large work area
- Easy use
- Comes with several accessories
- Multi-hoop options
- It’s a portable machine
- Has a great speed control
- Well-light working space
- Only comes with 120 volts
- Not compatible with Macs
- It always needs a connection to a computer
In conclusion, embroidery machines are great to have if you’re a creative person. As I stated before, buying one isn’t a ‘must’–but it sure is a plus! Whether you’re searching for an all-in-one, combined sewing and embroidery machine, embroidery animation, or wireless embroidery machine, once you get the right one that fits your needs, it will help you a lot, and give you colorful, lovely designs while at it.